Below are the Eligibility, Entry Specifications, Judging Process and Legal information that we paid some very clever and professional lawyers to help write for us. When we went to see them we really only had one thing to say, “make sure our entrants keep full ownership of their designs.” And they did! By agreeing to our T’s & C’s you do let us use your poster to help promote the comp in blog articles etc. but you will own it for ever and ever. We hope that make you feel better about taking part in the competition. Have a read if you like and if you have any questions just shoot me an email – email@example.com
Entry is free!
The annual Positive Posters competition is open to all designers worldwide, individuals (students/professionals) and collectives (studios/agencies/collaborations)
Entrants must complete all stages of the entry process outlined below
Entrants can submit as many entries as they like
All entries must be submitted online and received by:
Sunday 5pm (Australian Eastern Standard Time), September 30 2012
1. Design a portrait A1 (594 x 841mm), 300dpi, CMYK poster that responds to the brief
2. Upload an 842px wide by 1192px high, 72dpi, RGB version of your poster in JPEG format
3. Give your entry a title
As each entry is submitted, they are approved by our submissions coordinator and uploaded to our online gallery. We reserve the right to refuse an entry we deem to be inappropriate.
After September 30, Positive Posters will review the entries and shortlist 30 posters for inclusion in the end of year exhibition. From this shortlist, our international judges will choose the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winning entries.
1. The following types of persons (each “Entrants”) may submit an entry provided that all copyright subsisting in that entry belongs solely to the person, people or company submitting it:a. an individual (eg an single designer);
b. a group of individuals (eg a collective of designers); orc. a company (eg a design studio).
2. Upon submitting an entry, each Entrant retains ownership of their copyright in the entry submitted.
3. By submitting an entry, each Entrant grants Positive Posters Inc a perpetual royalty free license to use, reproduce, distribute and publish the whole or any part of that Entrant’s entry throughout the world in relation to any news articles, releases, websites, postcards, flyers, banners, invites or any other promotional, marketing or informational materials concerning this competition or Positive Posters Inc.
4. As Positive Posters is a non-profit organisation, each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that neither Positive Posters Inc, nor its contractors, partners, directors, members, officers or employees shall be required to make any payment to any Entrant or any third party.
5. Each person who submits an entry in this competition:
a. warrants that it is the owner of all copyright subsisting in that entry and that that entry does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party; and
b. indemnifies Positive Posters Inc and each of Positive Poster Inc’s contractors, partners, directors, members, officers and employees against any claim, liability, damage or loss (including consequential loss) arising out of or in relation to the any infringement of the intellectual property rights of any third party in respect of that entry.
6. Any entry which, in the opinion of Positive Posters Inc:
a. fails to comply in any way with these Terms and Conditions;
b. contains or promotes any offensive material or material which is not in accordance with the purposes or spirit of this competition;
c. is a copy or substantial reproduction of any other previous entry in this competition (or any previous incarnation of this competition); or
d. is submitted by a person who is not the sole owner of copyright in that entry;
will be deemed invalid and disqualified from the competition.
7. Positive Posters Inc’s decision in relation to any aspect of this competition is final and binding on every Entrant and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by Positive Posters Inc to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. Positive Posters Inc reserves the right to cancel, vary, extend or suspend the competition.