This website is operated by Positive Posters Inc (us, we, our).
We appreciate that you, as a user of our website, are concerned about your privacy and the confidentiality and security of any personal information that you may provide to us in accessing our website.
2. What is personal information?
Personal information is information about you as an individual which makes your identity apparent, or information which someone could reasonably use to ascertain your identity. Some common examples of personal information include an individual’s:
– street/postal address
– telephone number
– email address.
3. Why do we collect your personal information?
Sometimes we may ask you to disclose personal information to enable us to provide you with certain services related to our website. In general, we may collect personal information from you if we have taken reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of:
– who we are and how to contact us
– the purposes for which your personal information is being collected
– who we usually disclose that type of personal information to
– your ability to access any personal information which we have collected from you
– any law that requires that type of personal information to be collected
– the main consequences (if any) for you if all or part of your personal information is not provided.
In the case of our annual poster competition, we may ask you to provide certain personal information about yourself to be eligible to participate in the competition. If you choose not to provide such information, we may at our discretion refuse or terminate your participation in the competition.
4. How do we use personal information?
We only use your personal information in relation to the purpose for which it was provided and otherwise in accordance with the law. Some examples of when we may be entitled (but not obligated) to use your personal information include:
– in considering any application to participate in our annual poster competition
– for the purposes of conducting our annual poster competition
– in responding to your queries promptly and efficiently
– where we suspect you may have breached of our Terms & Conditions to protect our rights or property or any other users of our website or entrant of the public
– to lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety
– with your consent, in keeping you up-to-date with the products, services, events or promotions we offer from time to time (you can “opt out” of receiving direct marketing messages from us at any time by contacting us using the details in section 9 below).
5. When do we disclose personal information?
We do not sell, rent or trade personal information about you to or with third parties. We may disclose your personal information to third parties as is necessary to achieve the purposes for which you have provided it to us. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for any purposes which are unrelated to the purposes of collection without your explicit consent or unless required to do so by law.
If you enter our annual poster competition, we may disclose your personal information to our associated persons and agencies for the purposes of conducting the competition.
6. How do we store personal information?
The personal information which we collect from you may be stored by us in various forms including both electronic and hardcopy. We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of any personal information which we have stored, including taking steps to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorised access to or use, modification, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of such information.
Please be aware however that any online transmission of information over the Internet is never completely secure and may be prone to error. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security or accuracy of any personal information that you transmit to us through our website.
7. Accessing the personal information which we have collected about you
You may request access to any personal information which we have about you by contacting us using the details set out in section 9 below. Following such a request, we will provide you with access once you have:
– provided sufficient proof of identity; and
– in the case of unusual or particularly onerous requests, paid the access fee (which will not be excessive and not merely relate to lodgment of your request).
If the personal information which we have previously collected from you is out of date or incorrect, you can contact us to arrange amending our records.
8. Other issues related to privacy
8.1 Users under 18
If you’re under 18 years old, you need to ask your parent or guardian for permission to provide personal information through our website. Your parent or guardian can then review, remove, change or refuse further collection of your personal information by contacting us using the details set out in section 9 below.
8.2 Users outside Australia
8.4 Electronic messages from us (including via SMS, MMS and email)
We may send you electronic messages (including via SMS, MMS and email) using your personal information which we have stored. We will only send you unsolicited electronic messages in accordance with the law and if we:
– have current express or implied consent from you
– identify ourselves within the message
– and include within the message a means of allowing you to ‘unsubscribe’ or opt out from receiving future messages of that kind from us.
8.5 Links to external websites
8.6 Further information on privacy in Australia
More information about privacy issues in Australia can be found at www.privacy.gov.au.
9. Contacting Us
If you have any questions or wish to contact us regarding any of the above information you can write, email or telephone us.
45 Adam Street
+61 (03) 9420 5070